Loomis Tank Centers proudly offers industrial tanks manufactured by Snyder Industries, the leader in polyethylene industrial storage tanks. Snyder industrial tanks and accessories are manufactured to the highest standards and are used in many markets and applications.
Most water and agricultural storage tanks are designed for simple applications. Storage tanks used for certain industrial uses have more specific requirements and must adhere to stricter standards in order to meet those requirements. Using an industrial-grade tank is often required in order for the manufacturer’s warranty to be valid.
Contact an industrial tank specialist by calling 1-800-549-5514 or by completing our Request a Quote form.
Industrial tank markets & applications include:
- Industrial Chemicals: Large variety of chemicals used in a multitude of industries including automotive (used oil collection tanks), aviation, textiles, plastics/rubber, mining, marine, paper/pulp just to name a few. See Chemical Resistance Recommendation Chart on the industrial PDF brochure.
- Water and Waste Water Treatment: Municipalities using a variety of chemicals from Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach), Ferric Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrofuluosilicic Acid, Alum and many more. Applications include bulk storage, mini bulk, day tanks, batch tank systems, mix tanks, surge tanks, rinse tanks, reverse osmosis and potable water tanks (NSF compliant) and more.
- Petroleum and Allied Products: Lubricants, Offshore Drilling Companies, Oil Refineries, Oil & Oil Waste including Frac Tanks and Storage containers.
- Biodiesel & Ethanol Plants: B-100 Storage, vegetable oil storage, tanks for Sulfuric Acid, Caustic Soda, Potassium Hydroxide, Urea and others.
- De-icing Chemical Products: Highway/Road Pre-wet and De-Icing Chemicals including Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Acetate (airports) and more.
- Food Processing Companies: Bakeries, Wineries, Beverage Companies, Brine Pickle Tanks for the Makers of Pickles, Sauerkraut, Cherries, etc.
- OEMs: Car washes, pressure washers, chemical injection systems, lawn care, pest control, pool supply, etc.
Tank applications with any of the following requirements are classified as “industrial”:
- Tank must meet ASTM D1998-06 standards
- Tank will store certain chemicals that should not be stored in standard agricultural tanks such as: various acids, oils, sodium hypochlorite and many others
- Tank must be made of cross-linked (XLPE) polyethylene resin
- Tank requires special types of fittings and/or sizes of 6” or larger
- Various accessories are required such as: seismic or wind restraints, insulation, heat trace, bolted sealed manways, ladder (with or without safety cage), sight gauge assemblies, welded pipe supports, flange adapters, ultrasonic level indicators, reverse float assemblies, etc
Questions We Will Ask You:
Our knowledgeable staff can provide custom quotes for such tank projects. In order to provide an accurate quote, please provide as much of the following information as possible about each tank in your project:
- What type of tank (vertical, horizontal, open-top, cone-bottom, double-wall, etc)?
- What is the application for the tank (e.g. how will it be used)?
- How many gallons (capacity) is required?
- Are there any space limitations that require the tank be within certain dimensions?
- Does your project require a linear (HDLPE) or cross-linked (XLPE) polyethylene storage tank?
- Is there a color preference for the tank? (Natural white is standard)
- Will the tank be used indoors or outdoors?
- What chemical is to be stored in the tank and at what % concentration?
(May provide MSDS sheet if available)
- What is the weight (density) of the chemical (lbs/gal)?
- At what temperature will the chemical be stored (°F)?
- What will be the ambient temperature outside the tank?
- What type and size of fittings/connections will be required on the tank such as: inlet, outlet, overflow, drain, vent, manifolds, sight glass connections?
- What other accessories would you like quoted such as: seismic or wind restraints, insulation, heat trace, bolted sealed manways, ladder (with or without safety cage), sight gauge assemblies, welded pipe supports, flange adapters, ultrasonic level indicators, reverse float assemblies, etc?
Please contact an industrial tank specialist by calling 1-800-549-5514 or by completing our Request a Quote form.
Some of Our Satisfied Industrial Tank Clients:
SAES-Pure Gas - Developers of pure gas handling equipment - San Luis Obispo, CA
Land-O-Lakes - Dairy Food Products - Saint Paul, MN
White Rock Distilleries -
Distillers of Spirits and Liquors - Lewiston, ME
REBEC LLC - Manufacturers of Dental Mercury Recovery Systems - Edmonds, WA
Universal/Robbins HDD - Horizontal Directional Drilling - Lake Zurich, IL
Tap It Brewing - Brewery - San Luis Obispo, CA
Comarco Products - Food Products - Camden, NJ
Breitburn Energy - Oil and Gas Exploration and Developement - Los Angeles, CA
Midwest Industrial -
Dust, Erosion Control; Deicing Products - Canton, OH
Bragg Live Food Products - Health Foods Products - Santa Barbara, CA
Royal Hawaiian Springs Water Co. - Bottled Drinking Water- Hilo, HI
Marcellus Gas Field Services - Oil and Gas Exploration - Evans City, PA
Cal Clean - High Vaccuum Dual Phase and Vapor Extraction Systems - Tustin, CA
Accessories Marketing - "Slime" Tire Sealant - Grover Beach, CA
Call for additional details: (800) 549-5514.