Infiltrator Systems Leach Fields
How Does it Work?
The 4 foot vaulted Infiltrator chambers replace traditional PVC pipe and crushed stone. The chambers are buried, locked end-to-end and capped with dome-shaped end plates to create a large half-tube structure. Effluent from a septic tank flows freely into the chambers and is filtered efficiently into the soil absorption area. In addition, septic outflow can be split with a distribution box so the chambers can run parallel to each other in order to minimize the footprint of the leach field. Please comply with your state and local septic regulations.
- The Infiltrator is the original plastic leach field chamber developed over 25 years ago.
- More than 1 Million systems installed with over 27 Million units in the ground in all 50 states and 13 countries.
- It takes the place of old-fashioned rock and perforated pipe leach fields-no rock is required!
- Simply dig your trench, place chambers into the ground, snap together end-to-end, and backfill with the original soil.
- The Quick4 model allows a 10-degree left or right turn between chambers, providing flexibility to accommodate natural terrain features and to avoid obstacles.
- Chambers are made from chemical-resistant polyethylene, so they won't deteriorate or corrode.
- Manufactured from recycled materials. Infiltrator is one of the top ten recyclers in the U.S.
- Powerful arch design supports wheel loads of 16,000 pounds per axle, equivalent to an AASHTO rating of H-10. H-20 units also available.
- ISO 9002 Registered and I.A.P.M.O. and UPC-approved.
- All Infiltrator products carry a limited warranty.
Infiltrator chambers are only available from our yard in San Luis Obispo CA
||Quick4 High-Capacity H-10
||48"long x 34"wide x 16"tall
||Quick4 High-Capacity Multi-Port End Plate
||19"long x 34"wide x 16"tall
Click on a below for a PDF drawing. Get free Adobe Reader here.
Tank dimensions and fitting placement may vary slightly. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Infiltrator Systems VS Traditional Stone & Pipe Systems
A 12-foot length of Infiltrator chamber trench has a more effective infiltrative area than a 25-foot length of stone and pipe trench.
Traditional Stone & Pipe System
- Easy assembly and installation by two people
- Only a backhoe and pickup truck needed.
- Lightweight chambers can be delivered in one pickup truck load and hand-carried into position.
- Entire trench bottom is open for effluent infiltration with 100% efficiency.
- There is less regrading, tree damage, and no stone cleanup.
- Inspection port is available for easy access to leach field with no site disruption.
- Solid-topped chambers need no geotextile.
- Overall lower cost.
- Labor-intensive, lengthy installation.
- Dump truck needed for stone delivery.
- Stone hauling adds expense and time and increases soil compaction.
- Stone in trench reduces Long-Term Acceptance Rate by more than 50%
- Heavy traffic across yard and spilled stone mean more site repair needed after installation.
- System lacks easy inspection and monitoring of leach field without digging up the yard.
- Geotextile required on top of stone.
- Overall increased cost.
- Ease of installation
- Cost savings
- Engineered for optimal performance
- Less site disruption
- Superior technology
- Longevity and reliability
- Product availability
- Responsive service